A toned down basic color palette will let simplicity and natural elegance intertwine.
Are you the type of person who prefers a basic muted color palette, and a calm interior without too many colors? Then this is something for you. Immerse yourself in the essence of pure nature and create a space where the timeless allure of straw, stones, clay, and earth tones reigns supreme. Go for the simplicity of graphic motifs in dusty, faded, and golden hues. Embrace rustic ceramics, textiles, and an abundance of natural materials to create a home that embodies a simple, natural Scandinavian style.
My color inspiration for these designs and interiors are found in the Nordic nature – by the sea, where sand and stones inspire a subtle, beautiful color palette. And on the dry and sunny meadows on a hot summer day.
HOW TO GET THE STYLE:
- Serene neutral walls. Set the foundation of your space with light grey, khaki, or sand-colored walls. These muted tones provide a soothing backdrop for your artworks and natural wall décor.
- Simple design. Simple lines in furniture design and in the motifs you choose for your wall contribute to creating a calm and harmonious atmosphere. Go for simple graphic wall decorations in muted colors that blend beautifully into the neutral wall colors.
- Wood as a base. Select wooden furniture and picture frames in light wood to infuse your home with warmth and organic textures. Embrace the natural grains and imperfections of the wood, adding a touch of understated elegance to your space.
- Earthy artistry. Showcase handmade ceramics in earthy colors and complement them with wooden accessories. These natural elements bring an artisanal touch and a sense of grounded beauty to your decor, reflecting the essence of the natural world.
- Nature's treasures. Incorporate dried branches, grasses, straw, and beach stones into your space, celebrating the simple wonders of nature. Create small arrangements using these found treasures, bringing a touch of organic charm and a connection to the outdoors.